Type of Personal Information we Collect
(1) Personal Information
Personal Information is any information directly or indirectly relating to an identified or identifiable individual, such as a name, contact information, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, billing and payment information, account plan information, educational history, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual (“Personal Information”).
We also collect information about and from demo reels and artistic projects completed while using our Services, support queries, forum comments, and communication history.
(2) Aggregate Information
Aggregate Information is information about your activities on or in connection with the Services that typically cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you (“Aggregate Information”). For example, Aggregate Information includes information regarding the frequency of use of our website and online Services, browser types used to access the online portions of our Services, and other web analytics.
(3) Cookies, etc.
How we collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information:
(1) directly when you voluntarily provide it to us.
(2) when you use certain features of our Services that requires the collection of such Personal information in order for those features to function.
(3) when you communicate with us, whether through our website, through our social media accounts, or through another form of communication, such as e-mail, telephone, or in person.
For example, we collect Personal Information when you apply to our school and during your educational experience with us. For contractors and employees, we collect the Personal Information required for employment purposes. If you fill out a survey, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, enter a contest or send us a communication, we may also collect Personal Information.
How we use and share your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide Services to you, including, as applicable, through our website(s), our online portal, and on our campus. For example, we may send relevant communications about our programs or updates, or issue certificates for graduation
- improve the features and functionality of our Services
- communicate with you in response to any of your questions and requests, or facilitate communication amongst students, alumni, employees, and contractors
- authenticate accounts and activity, detect, investigate, and prevent malicious conduct, address security threats, and keep the Services secure
- submit to governing bodies to ensure we are keeping up with regulations and aid students with government processes (such as PTIB, Student Loans, Immigration Services etc.)
- provide relevant marketing and other information to you, but only if, and to the extent that, you have consented to us providing such marketing and other information to you in accordance with applicable laws. In such a case, we will provide an easy link to permit you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications.
In rare cases, Think Tank may be required, or may, acting in good faith, believe it is required, to share certain information with legal authorities. In such a case, we will provide only the minimum amount of Personal Information required and, unless prohibited by law, we will notify you of the Personal Information we have provided. Such cases include:
- if required by law;
- to protect or defend ourselves, you, or others against legal liability or immediate danger; and
- to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft.
We may share Personal Information with third party service providers as we deem necessary for such third party service providers to perform their duties required for our provision of the Services. For example:
- our website and online platform may utilize hosting providers. Such third party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services for which they have been retained to provide.
- our advisors, contractors, and employed instructors, staff, fellow students and alumni.
We do not sell or otherwise share Personal Information with unrelated third parties.
Your access to your Personal Information
You may have the right to access your Personal Information and require us to update, delete, or correct this information. If any part of your Personal Information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number or other Personal Information is incorrect or has changed, you may update, correct or remove the relevant information by contacting Think Tank. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Information in our possession or control.
You may close your account with us at any time upon request.
How long we keep your Personal Information
In the event that Think Tank may require certain financial information, such as credit card information to perform the Services, we will not share this financial information, other than the financial institutions involved in processing your payment. At all times, Think Tank will comply in all respects with applicable consumer protection laws.
Collecting Aggregate Information
Think Tank collects Aggregate information resulting from your use of the Services.
How we use and share Aggregate Information
Think Tank uses Aggregate Information:
(1) to provide the Services and other offerings through our websites
(2) to improve the features and functionality of the Services
(3) to monitor and analyze usage of the Services
(4) to research, compile, and report on usage trends, user demographics, and user behaviors; and
(5) for other legitimate business purposes.
Think Tank may share Aggregate Information with its affiliates and certain third parties, such as investors, potential investors, and third party service providers we use to provide and facilitate the Services.
Aggregate Information is anonymized and does not have the capacity to be used to identify an individual. In other words, we may share this information but no Personal Information will be disclosed to third parties.
Our Services (such as our website) may contain links to third party websites operated by other people or companies. We are not responsible for those websites, and links to such websites are included solely for your convenience. Please review the privacy policies of such third party websites.
Information and Children
Our Services (including our websites) are not suitable for children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, we ask that you do not use our Services (including our website) or give us any Personal Information.
Security and Data Protection
Think Tank takes appropriate security measures to protect Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
Such measures include internal reviews of Think Tank’ data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Personal Information is stored.
Information you make public or give to others
If you make your Personal Information available publicly through our Services, such as when you post a public message on a forum thread, share information via social media, or make contact with another user, whether through our Services or otherwise, we may not be able to control such Personal Information. In such a case, we cannot accept responsibility for the way others may use or disclose your Personal Information.
Before making your Personal Information publicly available or giving your Personal Information to anyone else, we ask that you carefully consider how such Personal Information may be used or disclosed.
Data Processing and GDPR
Think Tank is, or may be, both the data processor and the data controller for your Personal Information. This means that Think Tank performs operations on Personal Information and controls your Personal Information. In the case where Think Tank uses third party service providers with respect to your Personal Information, Think Tank is the data controller and such third party is the data processor.
To the extent applicable, Think Tank will adhere to the requirements as outlined in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, commonly referred to as GDPR).
Think Tank may transfer your Personal Information to countries other than the one in which you live.
Contacting Think Tank
Think Tank Training Centre Ltd.
Attention: Privacy Officer
Last updated September 30, 2022